May 14, 2014

Product of Two Cultures

Being a product of two culture is more than just confusing and challenging. Especially when these two cultures don't understand each other and critically judge each other.

Who am I in the midst of this? 

Unfortunately for now, it often feels like a battle. No matter what choice I make, I end up having to explain myself to either of the cultures; because as one choice may be an inherent way of being in one culture, it appears absolutely outrageous to the other.

At the end of the day, for me, it comes down to knowing that I know myself best and I know why I am making the choices that I am making.

On the positive side, it doesn't always hurt to have been exposed to two drastically opposing schools of thought. Just makes life that much more full of options and opportunities :)

No comments:

Post a Comment