Oct 19, 2004

tit bits

Things are going fine. I recently got an eighty-four in a Stats test, which is pretty good compared to I failed that last three tests. This time, however, I was fourth in class.

Mine was the second paper in the pile. Mr. Shirley gave John’s paper to him, who was sitting next to me, and after that just stood in front of me – looked at the paper and at me back and fourth. He said, “what?” and I replied, “Nothing, I’m just sitting here, waiting to get my test back.” He smiled a bit and mashallah he looked so cute at that point. Shirley’s not very tall, has grey hair, and a medium sized belly – chho cute! Anyways, after about 30-60seconds he put my test sheet in the back of the pile and kept on handing out the papers to others.

Today, during lunch I complimented on how I’m pretty impressed by Meha’s knowledge about India, Hinduism – basically her heritage. I was telling Nirali even I don’t know much about such stuff and I recently came from India, and am a so-called “Brahmin”. Then somehow we got into talking about swami narayan, religion etc. She asked me a question – who do you pray? My response… “We are not that religious. I don’t think there’s a specific deity we pray.”

No comments:

Post a Comment