Jul 29, 2005

Back to High School

I've been helping out mom setup her classroom for the past couple of days. She'll be teaching at Dutchtown High School, instead of North Atlanta High. NAHS was really far from our place and it took her almost an hour to reach her school and sometimes an hour and a half on her way back. Dutchtown is only 10mins drive from our house.

The school opened last year, with only 9th and 10th grade classes. By next year, they'll have all the rooms filled up. The building is very huge, with spacious hallways, and restrooms in EVERY connecting hall. Eagle's Landing HS is nothing compared to Dutchtown HS. We only had 6 restrooms in the entire school. Where as, I came across 4 during my short trip up and down the 200 Hall at Dutchtown, and that's a very small part of the school. I still have to tour the entire building.

To be honest, I'm a bit jealous. I force myself to feel better by repeating the words, "Lee, Shirley, Shook, Harrison, Cool, Kirk all teach at ELHS and they are AWESOME teachers!" :)

By the way, I met almost all of the above mentioned teachers yesterday at Hansag's Open-House. It felt good when all of his assigned teachers looked at myself, turned towards Hansag and said, "Oh! So you are Geetali's brother. So, are you as good as her?" haha!! I guess that's one of the great things of being a first child - your younger siblings being referred as such-n-such's bro/sis. I love it!

Brew gave me the Graduation gift that she was holding onto for more than 2 months now. I didn't get a chance to see her after the ceremony, that's when she wanted to give it to me. Oh, she'll be teaching C++ this year... I didn't know what to say after hearing her words! All I can probably say is - Lord have mercy! Both on Brew and the students.

School starts Monday - not for me, just for Hansag and Mom... so, life'll be at peace :D

No comments:

Post a Comment